Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24 - The 10th Anniversary of Pluto's Demotion



Oh, how I remember this day 10 years ago. The IAU ruined the planetary mnemonics many of us grew up with. The one I learned was:

My Very Earthly Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas
(Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto)

Without Pluto, what did mother just send us 9 of???

I was so crushed that I did what any mid-2000's blogger at the time did: I changed my LJ user pic to a sad Solar System "friends cut" one (that I'm still looking for to post). (Later edit: Not finding it. Crap bag!)

So, without further ado, let's get to some Pluto-inspired funny shit.



Erm...that one's not too funny. ;_;


"He is not your kind"....WTF shit is this??


Times are tough.

DAMNIT I WANT FUNNY! This is hard :(


PREACH!



Fuck yes we did!


And now we have Twinkies again. I'll give back Twinkies to get Pluto as a planet back.



So Happy! DING!

Anyways. NatGeo posted a great article today about what kids are being taught about Pluto in school. Worth a read whether or not you have kids. Linky!


No comments:

Post a Comment